Wednesday 5 August 2015

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has said the "transfer window is over" for his side ahead of their season opener.

The Premier League champions have been fairly quiet during the summer transfer window, with Radamel Falcao and Asmir Begovic the only new faces who will be competing for a spot in the Chelsea first-team in the coming campaign. 

Defenders Baba Rahman and John Stones are understood to be targets but Mourinho is keeping his focus on his side's opening fixtures. 

The Portuguese boss didn't categorically rule out strengthening further but he wants to think only of his coaching responsibilities at present. 

He told talkSPORT: "The transfer window is over. I don't like the transfer window when the competition starts after tomorrow, I don't like transfer window during the competition.

He added: "I know that my club is able to buy or to sell - every club can buy or can sell in this moment - but I don't like that feeling. As a football coach, thinking about my players, my squad and my coaching role, I don't want to think about the transfer window. 

"What happened, happened, but I'm not going to lose one minute of my time to think about transfer window, I have to think about how to get the best out of my players, and that's what I am doing now.

" Chelsea begin their Premier League defence with a home clash against Swansea on Saturday and punters may wish to use their free bet to back Mourinho's men to open their account with a win. Read more about Chelsea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment